Email below received from HS2 announcing the latest information and consultations. We have posted further information and download links on our Facebook Group “SO WHAT”. There are over 15 documents of relevance, including maps, community impact, and alternatives.
as promised, I am writing to notify you that this morning the Secretary of State for Transport has announced the launch of two HS2 consultations for the section of the route from Crewe to Manchester and West Midlands to Leeds, which is known as Phase 2b. These consultations are on:
- The working draft Environmental Statement that describes the potential environmental effects of building and operating Phase 2b of HS2; as well as proposed ways to avoid, reduce, mitigate and monitor the effects.
- The working draft Equality Impact Assessment Report that considers the potential effects of the construction and operation of HS2 Phase 2b on people with protected characteristics.
Both consultations are now open and will close at 11:45pm on 21st December 2018.
We invite you to take part in these consultations. Feedback will be considered as we further develop our proposals. An Environmental Statement and Equality Impact Assessment Report will then be submitted to Parliament alongside the hybrid Bill in mid-2020.
To support these consultations, we are holding more than 30 information events from late October to early December 2018. The events will be attended by a range of specialists from HS2 Ltd and the Department for Transport to guide people through the consultation documents. In addition, reference copies of the consultation documents are available at a number of locations, such as public libraries, during the consultation period. Your nearest events are:
- 29th October Crofton
- 10th November Hunslet
- 19th November Garforth
- 21st November Oulton
- 23rd November Leeds
- 24th November Church Fenton
A full list of the events is available at Public Information Events
The list of information points is available at Information Points (please see Community Areas LA15 to LA18 incl.)
You will find that local Community Area Reports are available at Community Area Reports (again, please see the references LA15 to LA18 incl.)
We have also produced a series of videos to introduce and explain the consultations. These are available via the website along with a new interactive tool that has been designed to help people find the information in the working draft Environmental Statement most relevant to them.
If you have any questions, please contact our Helpdesk on 08081 434 434 or email HS2enquiries@hs2.org.uk, or contact me directly by phone or email.
For further information on the consultations please visit our website www.hs2.org.uk/phase2b
To access the consultation documents directly and for details of how to respond to the consultations, please use the following links:
- Working draft Environmental Statement: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/hs2-phase-2b-working-draft-environmental-statement
- Working draft Equality Impact Assessment Report: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/hs2-phase-2b-working-draft-equality-impact-assessment-report
David Griffiths-Allen, Engagement Manager, Phase Two | HS2 Ltd
M: 07388 851092
High Speed Two (HS2) Limited, Two Snow Hill, Queensway, Birmingham B4 6GA. | www.gov.uk/hs2
Freephone: 08081 434 434
Minicom: 08081 456 472